The Fit EV is equipped with a Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit. This kit provides an
easy and clean way to temporarily seal a small puncture or hole (3/16th of an inch
or smaller) in the tire tread. Once injected into the tire, the sealant coats the
inside of the hole or puncture, preventing air from escaping.
The vehicle can then be driven (no faster than 50 MPH) to a location where the tire can be repaired or replaced, depending on its condition. The Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit can be used to add air to the vehicle’s tires in areas where compressed air is not available. The kit can also be used to inflate bike tires and sports equipment.
Tire Repair Kit FAQs
Using the Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit:
- Remove kit from under the cargo area floor lid.
- Attach the sealant/air hose onto the tire valve stem. Screw it until it is tight.
- Plug the compressor power plug to the accessory power socket.
- With the vehicle parked outside, start the vehicle. Keep the vehicle running while injecting sealant and air.
- Turn the selector switch to SEALANT/AIR.
- Press the inflator (ON/OFF) switch to turn on the kit. Until the sealant injection is complete, the pressure shown on the pressure gauge will appear higher than actual. After the sealant injection is complete, the pressure will drop and then begin to rise again as the tire is inflated with air only.
- Monitor the pressure gauge until air pressure reaches 32 psi. To check the pressure, occasionally turn off the compressor and read the gauge.
- Unplug the power plug and unscrew the sealant/air hose from the tire valve stem. Reinstall the valve cap.
- Immediately drive the vehicle for about 10 minutes to distribute the sealant in the tire.